Corona BF-7 Variant: Alert across the country, PM Narendra Modi convenes high level meeting, Chief Minister will review in Delhi, UP, Maharashtra as well
Covid-19 in India: BF.7 cases of Corona have started increasing in India too. Due to this variant in China, the situation is bad.
BF.7: Five cases of the variant of Corona virus which has created a ruckus in China have come to the fore in India. These cases of BF.7 Covid variant have been reported from Gujarat and Odisha. Like China, the central government has given several instructions to the states to ensure that the situation in India does not go out of control. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called a high level meeting today to take stock of the Corona related situation in the country. The central government asked the states to send samples of all the cases reported by them to the INSACOG genome sequencing lab.
What is BF.7 variant? (What is BF.7 Variant)
It is not that this variant of Corona is new. It has first appeared in the month of October. Gradually, this variant of Corona started replacing other variants in America and European countries. BF.7 is similar to Corona’s variant A.18.104.22.168. It is a sub-lineage of Omicron’s variant BA.5.
What is the transmission rate of BF.7
In the news related to the situation in China, it is being claimed that the BF.7 variant of Corona has the highest transmission capacity. According to reports, the BF.7 Omicron variant can easily infect people and it spreads very easily as compared to other variants of Corona. According to a report, one person infected with BF.7 can infect 10 to 18 people. According to health officials, the symptoms of BF.7 are runny nose, moderate to high fever, severe throat infection and runny nose.
Three big updates related to BF.7
- On Thursday, 185 new cases of corona infection have been reported in the country. At present, the total number of corona cases in India is 3,402.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has asked to be alert in a review meeting regarding the Corona situation. He has appealed to the people to wear masks in crowded areas.
- Monitoring regarding Corona has been increased in states across the country. Random testing of international passengers has been intensified at various airports across the country.
- NITI Aayog member VK Paul has said that there is no need to panic. Corona tests are being done in sufficient quantity across the country. There has been no change in the guidelines for international air travel.
- Today review meetings are being held in many states regarding the Corona situation. These states include Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Delhi. Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has said that his government has issued instructions. He will follow the guidelines of the Central Government to deal with Corona.