Covid in China: Shortage of blood, medicine in China, estimate of 5000 deaths daily, know the condition of China in 10 points
COVID 19: The variant of Corona spreading in China is BF.7 which is also spreading rapidly in the rest of the world.
Corona Cases in China: Coronavirus has once again created an outcry in China. As bodies begin piling up in hospitals in China amid the COVID explosion, there is a scramble for medicine. Meanwhile, there is news that there is a shortage of blood in China. Corona infection is spreading so fast in the country that even getting medicines in medical stores has become difficult. Not only this, hospitals are getting crowded for treatment and people have to wait in long lines for their turn.
According to new estimates from an analytics company, China is reporting more than a million new infections and at least 5,000 deaths every day. New estimates were provided by London-based Airfinity, according to which two peak waves of corona may occur in China in mid-January and early March.
- It has been estimated that this time more than 20 lakh people will die due to corona in China, while more than 23 crore population can get infected by it.
- China has sought to ramp up medical supply production nationwide as millions of people struggle to get basic medicines and test kits due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Cold and flu medicines are not available in China due to the Corona explosion. Not only this, due to the increasing number of corona patients in the hospitals, there is a shortage of beds and there is also a shortage of medicines. Due to the shortage of medicines, their prices have increased manifold.
- China has seen a significant increase in cases of infection related to the new sub-variant of the Omicron variant of the corona virus. The country is currently mainly affected by two subtypes BA.5.2 and BF.7.
- According to the Global Times report, about 1,200 blood donors are needed to meet the demand of blood every day in the Chinese city of Guangzhou.
- Due to the increasing number of corona patients, there has been a shortage of doctors and nurses in Beijing’s hospitals. In such a situation, hundreds of doctors and nurses from the eastern provinces have been called on duty in the capital. At least 500 doctors and nurses from eastern China’s Shandong province, as well as dozens of doctors from Jiangsu, have been sent to hospitals in Beijing.
- According to local media, the authorities have asked more than a dozen Chinese pharmaceutical firms to help supply key drugs in a bid to address drug shortages.
- Local reports said that 11 of the 42 licensed testing kit manufacturers have had part of their production seized by the government or have received orders from the state.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that it is very concerned about the COVID-19 situation in China. The WHO says that the virus outbreak is spreading uncontrollably across the country amid persistent shortage of fever medicines and fears of waves of infection coming to the country.
- Authorities have urged people with mild symptoms to stay at home and seek treatment at home. Which includes everything from medicines to rapid antigen tests.