Who would be better to give CM post for Congress – Siddaramaiah or DK Shivakumar? Here is the SWOT analysis of both
Siddaramaiah vs DK Shivakumar: Both these veteran leaders of Karnataka Congress have staked their claim to become the CM of the state.
After winning the elections in Karnataka, now the Congress is brainstorming in front of the high command on electing a CM. Suspense remains on whether the CM of the state will be Siddaramaiah or DK Shivakumar. According to the information received from the sources, both the factions are not ready to leave the CM’s chair. Because of this, the Congress high command has not yet been able to announce the CM face.
Presently both Karnataka Congress veterans Siddaramaiah and DK Shivakumar are in Delhi. Everyone wants to know which of the two leaders the Congress high command will crown and send to Bengaluru. Let us tell you the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats related to these two leaders (SWOT Analysis).
SWOT Analysis of Siddaramaiah
- According to party sources, 90 of the 135 new Congress MLAs in Karnataka have expressed their support for Siddaramaiah to the party’s central observers.
- Siddaramaiah has more experience and his stature is huge.
- He has been getting support from the Muslim and Kuruba communities.
- In the year 2018, the Congress had lost the elections. At that time Siddaramaiah was the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Rejecting Siddaramaiah would be a risky decision – Kuruba and Muslim communities are spread across Karnataka. Many MLAs of the party depend on Siddaramaiah’s popularity to save their seats.
- By making Siddaramaiah the Chief Minister, the Congress could get more support not only from its own majority of MLAs but also from the minority communities. Its benefit can be seen in Lok Sabha 2024.
DK Shivakumar- SWOT Analysis
- The credit goes to the massive victory in the elections. He is the President of Karnataka Congress.
- Influential leaders of Lingayat and Vokkaliga communities supported
- During his presidency, he brought the party out of difficult times.
- Can get the support of Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi. He has worked with Sonia Gandhi’s right hand Ahmed Patel.
- Fewer MLAs are with DK Shivakumar.
- There are many cases of corruption against DK Shivakumar. The CBI is also probing a property case.
- The Congress cannot afford to anger Shivakumar. Shivakumar believes that he has claimed the post by winning the election.
- Under the leadership of DK Shivakumar, the Congress won 28 more seats in Lingayat regions than in 2018. Getting him on the post of CM can strengthen this important vote bank.